Antique Furniture/Value and date of piece

Tag on back
Tag on back  
We have a sideboard with a tag that says Quaint Furniture, Stickley Brothers Grand Rapids,Mi.

We believe it is early 1900's and has been in the family since new, we have no one to pass it down to so would like the value that we be looking to ask for it. Please help.

The label shown was used around 1910 to early 20s.

It is oak and is mission or arts and crafts style.  The terms are often interchanged although more accurately is Mission style and period.

in the market it should price, in a shop, depending on the location and quality of the store at 750-1500 assuming the condition is very good.

you may see these higher, as much as twice as high but you dont see them selling over 2000, just priced.  Not all Stickley pieces command high prices.  

but be assured that this is a good piece and is the classic Mission style.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.