Antique Furniture/Baker Chairs / Barnard & Simonds Co.

Baker chair
Baker chair  

Baker bottom markings
Baker bottom markings  
I have tried to get more information about the history and value of two white leather chairs I own.  Both have a metal baker nameplate on the bottom and a chalk # code written on the bottom.

I have called Baker and they have been unable to provide me with any info.

The arm style and the furniture tack detail looks similar to chairs I've seen identified as Barnard & Simonds.

Thanks for any additional information.

Hi Jill,

Your chair is not one that I am familiar with. There are no archival information
that is available and perhaps that is why Baker could not help you.
If I had to guess I would say that your chair was made in the 1960's or later.
As for value, $150. to $175. would be the range.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.