Antique Furniture/Federal Buffet

Question
Antique Federal Buffet
Antique Federal Buffet  
Antique Federal Buffet
Antique Federal Buffet  
QUESTION: Hi Bob,

I purchased this Federal style mahogany serpentine front buffet. It has no makers mark, the only thing I have found on it was the number 19 engraved into the wood on the back of cabinet. The brass handles and knobs have harp motif and there is a beautiful inlaid design on the cabinet doors. I assume it is easy 1900's, since it has a number engraved on the back but I would like to know what year is it form, also I would like to know how much it is worth. I think it is American made. Thank you so much in advance for your expert advise and help.

Sincerely, Erika

ANSWER: use the followup function and post a picture of the back, and , a picture of the outside of a side of a drawer where the side meets the front

thanks

federal sheraton style
probably 1900-1920
high quality

Federal
Federal  

Federal
Federal  
QUESTION: Hi Bob,

Per your request please find attached pic of the back of the buffet as well as pic of the outside of side of drawer. Thank you so much for all your help! I really appreciate it!

Kindest regards,
Erika

Answer
it is 1900-1910.

I would price this at 1500 in a shop retail.  at auction it would be less, in a fancy store waxed up 1500-1800.

insurance replacement 2500.

use antique mahogany color Briwax on this, or Johnsons floor paste wax.
use NO OILS please.

hope this is what you needed.

Antique Furniture

robert klein