Antique Furniture/Imperial Furniture Humidor

Question
Outside
Outside  

Inside
Inside  
I recently purchased this humidor at a thrift store, intending to paint it to go in my entry. We noticed that it had a label and a number on the bottom, Imperial Grand Rapids 584. The door locks and inside there is a separate copper box with its own latch. I have been unable to find anything online about the company or when it was made, and just want to be sure I don't paint over an important piece of furniture. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Answer
Hi Lee,

I can tell you that there is no archival information regarding your c1940 piece of furniture.
While I understand you wish to paint this piece I personally am not a fan of painted over
furniture therefore I personally would not paint the piece.
There is not great value currently width the Humidor and I would currently place a value
of $150. to $175. for it. Painting the piece would reduce its value to a person that
would be looking for originality down the road.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III