Antique Furniture/John Widdicomb Co Antique 2-piece bedroom set

mirrored dresser
mirrored dresser  

gentlemens chest
gentlemens chest  
Hi there.

We just purchased this dresser with mirror and also the gentlemen's chest that matches for 200.00- want to know if it was worth the investment, cannot find any information on this particular set nor era it was made.  I am thinking around the 1920's but cannot be sure due to lack of information obtained.  can you help us out?  want to put some work into these beautiful pieces and would like to know value.

thank you

Hi Sabrina,

Your two pieces by John Widdicomb appear to have been made in the late 1920's to
early 1930's.

As for value, the dresser's range is $300. to $350. and the Gentleman's Chest
would be $325. to $375.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.