Antique Furniture/Mahogany Desk

Desk Closed
Desk Closed  

Desk Open
Desk Open  
Hi George,

I was wondering what information you could give me about this Mahogany Desk, specifically approximate year of production and approximate current value.

It is in good condition, 26'' wide, 15" deep, and 40" high. There is writing on the back reading

Desk No. 23S

Thank you,

Hi Alan,

Your ladies writing desk appears to have been made in the 1920's. Thee is no archival
information available to tell of a maker.

In it's present condition and style I feel the value is $200. to $250.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.