Antique Furniture/mahogany dining room set

dining table
dining table  

I would like to know the maker and the value of this dining room set, it is in excellent condition. The table top is banded with a like colored strip as the rest of the top, the corners of the table have medallions? and a philigree around the rest of the edge, 2 carved pedestal legs and 4 leaves...the  metal locking mechanism under the table reads Walter & company IND. There are 2 arm chairs and 8 side chairs that I believe came with the set when my Mom bought it, Also there is a large breakfront with bowed glass.

if there is no lable in the drawer or on the back of the breakfront, or the  underside of the table, or underneath ta chair there is no way to determine the manufacturer.

As to age and value, I will need  a couple of more pictures.
The edge treatment of the table top is called a greek key, the corners are called medallions as you said.  Style is Federal Style.

The surfaces will be veneered, in mahogany as you stated.

If you would send several pictures in one email as attachments it will help me.

good in focus picture of a chair, front and rear and under the seat.
outside of the side of one drawer of the breakfront where the side meets the front so i can see the joint at the intersection. + picture of the hole the drawer came out of.

include this post so i will know what the pics refer to.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.