Antique Furniture/Parlor Suit Company Loveseat

Question
love seat 1
love seat 1  

label
label  
Please see attached photo's.  I would like to refabric this piece and also wanted to know the approx. value.  Would the value be lower if refinished?

Answer
as it sits it would bring on the average about 250-350 depending on the sturdiness and condition of the wood and finish.

It does appear that you could just wax this with brown Briwax rather than going to the expense of refinishing.

as to upholstery, have it done but make sure it is done correctly from the webbing through the 8 way tie on the springs and upward.  after that it would have a retail price of 859-1100--all depends on the quality of the restoration and upholstery work.

pictures a  not in focus so i cannot tell you the wood species but it is generally walnut or tulip poplar stained walnut, sometimes even cherry.

if you use the followup function and repost clear in focus photo of the wood grain i can help there.

made around 1880-1900.

thanks.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein