Antique Furniture/Parlor Suit Company Loveseat

love seat 1
love seat 1  

Please see attached photo's.  I would like to refabric this piece and also wanted to know the approx. value.  Would the value be lower if refinished?

as it sits it would bring on the average about 250-350 depending on the sturdiness and condition of the wood and finish.

It does appear that you could just wax this with brown Briwax rather than going to the expense of refinishing.

as to upholstery, have it done but make sure it is done correctly from the webbing through the 8 way tie on the springs and upward.  after that it would have a retail price of 859-1100--all depends on the quality of the restoration and upholstery work.

pictures a  not in focus so i cannot tell you the wood species but it is generally walnut or tulip poplar stained walnut, sometimes even cherry.

if you use the followup function and repost clear in focus photo of the wood grain i can help there.

made around 1880-1900.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.