Antique Furniture/Value/age of sofa

Side View
Side View  

Carving Close up
Carving Close up  
I would like to have a better idea of the value of my sofa before selling -- or deciding to keep.

I purchased it believing it to be a French "antique".

I know the style is out of date and I haven't ripped it open to see whether it's arms are carved and in ok condition.  

Would this affect the value?

Thanks for any info.

Hi Jill,

Your sofa appears to be from the 1950's and not antique due to its adaptation form.
Since it is not made to an accurate reproduction of an antique form it has an adverse
effect on the value.
I place a value of $100. to $175.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.