Antique Furniture/Writing Desk

Desk Detail
Desk Detail  
Hi George,

I was wondering what information you could give me about this kidney shaped writing desk, specifically approximate year of production and approximate current value.

It is in excellent condition, on casters with a leather top. It is 50'' wide, 18'' deep, and 30'' high.

Thank you,

Hi Alan,

In viewing your table desk it appears that it is of a recent vintage.
It appears to have been made in the last ten to twenty years. Possibly
an import.
As for a value,  I feel it is worth $150. to $200.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.