Antique Furniture/Antique Table

Question
Folding leaf
Folding leaf  

Oak Table
Oak Table  
We have an oak table, it has a foldaway leaf, it has metal hardware, with rack and gear table glides. It has been refinished.
It is 48"x 21 1/2" without the leaf and 31 1/2" and its 21" tall, we believe it was shortened to make it a coffee table. It has a metal name plate, could be brass, that reads "Utility furniture and fixture co, Culver City Ca". My wife and I would like to know what year or at least the era it was made, and what it is worth, before being refinished and after.

Answer
The top is ribbon stripe mahogany veneer.  Slides are called equalizer slides since they open both halves the same.  Several companies make this type slide.

This would have been taller and originally sold as a sofa table, library table, or a multi use table.  The label tells us the retailer and not the manufacturer.

I cannot tell you what it was worth before refinishing since I didnt see it then.  These were usually finished darker at the factory when it was made in the 1930-40s. They generally sell around 400 in my area.

I am surprised that in the first picture there is a board that does not exhibit the same grain as the rest of the top.

hope this is what you needed.

thanks

Antique Furniture

robert klein