Antique Furniture/chair

Question
chair
chair  

side view
side view  
bought this recently and would like to know its age and style. rattan seat with nails on the inside seat surround. legs may be glued but not sure. any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
Sincerely,
jessica

Answer
cant see the wood grain but most likely it is maple or sweet gum.  the seat is called a cane seat.  This was part of a set of dining chairs when manufactured around 1910-15.

i cannot tell if the seat is hand woven or presser prewoven cane without seeing a picture of the seat.  you can use the followup function to post another picture.

as a single chair the retail value is around 40$, as part of a set of 8 it would be around 100.

Antique Furniture

robert klein