Antique Furniture/Dining chairs

T. Searles wrote at 2015-12-24 02:03:09
Sorry for the brush-off by this "expert" I happen to have seen this answer while delving into one for myself. After 40 years in furniture restoration in my native CT, I would always support any and all inquiries with be helpful first and foremost. One can be very knowledgeable without such brevity and brushoff-isms.

Your chairs were made by Louis Rastetter and Sons of Ft. Wayne IN most likely between 1920-1935 based on design and logo. They were the preminent folding furniture company at the turn of the last century and have a healthy collector base regardless of the opinions of the "expert". Keep your eyes open(constantly) while looking for a fourth chair to complete the set. Very nice.

T. Searles

Master Craftsman

Furniture Conservator and Restorationist

T. Searles wrote at 2015-12-24 02:06:03
ps: Here is a bit of history on your folding chairs.  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.