Antique Furniture/Heywood & Morrill sofa and chair

Chair only
Chair only  

We have an antique sofa and chair The chair is labeled hey worse and  The chair is labeled Heywood & Morrill.  We do not have any place in her home for them and are looking to sell them can you give us any idea as to how we go about securing a buyer for such items  and what the possible value might be    Any help would be much appreciated

Hi Debbie,

While I can not advise you for a source in selling your two items you might lo oik into
a local second hand shop for selling your items or an internet source such as Craig's List.

The pieces do not have great value due to current buying trends. I place a value of
$25. - $30. for the chair and $75. - $100. for the sofa.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison  III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.