Antique Furniture/Huntley Furniture

QUESTION: I have four pieces of Huntley furniture, a dresser, a chest, and two night stands. They belonged to my parents. We have pictures of the furniture dating back to the earl 50s any information you can provide will be helpful.

Thank you

ANSWER: use the followup function and post picture of the night stnds and of the label.

could you please be more specific as to what you want to know?

QUESTION: Can you tell me the value. I have attached a picture of the nightstands and the label

The wood is mahogany and mahogany veneers.  the frame wood probably sweet gum stained to a mahogany color.

These have the look of the late 1940s into the 1950s so I would be pretty sure your parents bought this either new or close to new.

The condition is needing some TLC.  If the condition were better it would sell at 800 for the pieces.  did you have a bed??

some company info:
below is info from North Carolina archives:  with my addition that in 1935 the company of huntley/simmons went back to the original huntley owners and again was huntley furniture.
1906;The B.F. Huntley Furniture Co. opened in Winston-Salem, NC. It had been organized as the Oakland Furniture Co. in 1898. In 1929 it was purchased by the Simmons Co., then based in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
1956;The B.F. Huntley furniture plant in Winston-Salem, NC, was destroyed by fire. The factory was rebuilt and the Huntley name continued until it was sold to Thomasville Furniture Industries in 1961.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.