Antique Furniture/antique love seat

full view
full view  

Greetings and salutations,

I hope this finds you well. I have here a love seat that was my husband's great-grandmother's (we're getting close to 40). It shows no manufacturing markings and was completely refurbished at some point on Long Island, at Bernhard Wagner, Inc. Sadly, it sustained some mouse damage to the underside of the cushion but other than that and some dingy, in need of a cleaning upholstery, it's in very good condition.

We don't have anywhere to put it and I would like to sell it. I was hoping to get an understanding of its age (I assume 30's?) and if it has any value. It seems unlikely, but I feared letting it go for little when perhaps it could have gotten us more.

Your time and information is appreciated, thank you kindly.

Warm regards,

Hi Jenny,

You are most likely right about the sofa/loveseat being made in the 1930's.

The style of the sofa is not an easy sell, so therefore the frame value
since it would need to be reupholstered would be in the $550. - $600. range.
Keep in mind that there aren't many buyers today for this style of sofa.
Younger buyers simply look at it as grandma's furniture. They don't understand it.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.