Antique Furniture/Brickwede Brothers Dining Room Set

My husband and I recently purchased a Brickwede Brothers dining set from a second hand store.  The furniture appears to be of good quality and we were interested to know more about the style, age and value of the pieces.  Each chair has a unique needle point chair cushion.  The buffet is missing two handle pulls, but is in otherwise good shape.   We are planning on restoring, but do not want to do anything that would detract from the value. We have found very little information on the company.  I have more pictures including the tag and table if needed.

Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Theresa,

Your Brickwede dining set was most likely produced in the 1920's. It was a moderately
priced furniture when new and built to a price.

Since it is not a high end make careful restoration would not hurt its value.
The set would be in the $500. to $600. range.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.