Antique Furniture/Brickwede Brothers Dining Room Set

Question
Hutch
Hutch  

Buffet
Buffet  
My husband and I recently purchased a Brickwede Brothers dining set from a second hand store.  The furniture appears to be of good quality and we were interested to know more about the style, age and value of the pieces.  Each chair has a unique needle point chair cushion.  The buffet is missing two handle pulls, but is in otherwise good shape.   We are planning on restoring, but do not want to do anything that would detract from the value. We have found very little information on the company.  I have more pictures including the tag and table if needed.

Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Hi Theresa,

Your Brickwede dining set was most likely produced in the 1920's. It was a moderately
priced furniture when new and built to a price.

Since it is not a high end make careful restoration would not hurt its value.
The set would be in the $500. to $600. range.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III