Antique Furniture/Chippendale Claw & Ball Parlor Chairs

Question
Chippendale Chair
Chippendale Chair  

Ferguson Seal
Ferguson Seal  
I am looking to value a set of 2 parlor chairs that were a part of my mother's living room set when she first got married, so they are at least 66 years old.  There are no markings or numbers on them, but there is a seal from "Ferguson Furniture Co." on the matching pedestal table.  I remember hearing my grandfather worked for Ferguson in Hoboken, NJ (he was a furniture maker) and from an internet search I see they went out of business when I was a year old, which now makes sense because I never knew my grandfather to work at a job. I was once offered $5K for the pedestal table by the owner of a moving company I was using.  So I'm wondering about the chairs.  Thank you for your assistance!

Answer
Hi Margaret,

Ferguson open arms chairs of the quality in your photo usually bring
$175. to $250.

I find the offer you received for the Dining Table to be a once
in a lifetime deal. Try and find that buyer.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III