Antique Furniture/Chippendale Claw & Ball Parlor Chairs

Chippendale Chair
Chippendale Chair  

Ferguson Seal
Ferguson Seal  
I am looking to value a set of 2 parlor chairs that were a part of my mother's living room set when she first got married, so they are at least 66 years old.  There are no markings or numbers on them, but there is a seal from "Ferguson Furniture Co." on the matching pedestal table.  I remember hearing my grandfather worked for Ferguson in Hoboken, NJ (he was a furniture maker) and from an internet search I see they went out of business when I was a year old, which now makes sense because I never knew my grandfather to work at a job. I was once offered $5K for the pedestal table by the owner of a moving company I was using.  So I'm wondering about the chairs.  Thank you for your assistance!

Hi Margaret,

Ferguson open arms chairs of the quality in your photo usually bring
$175. to $250.

I find the offer you received for the Dining Table to be a once
in a lifetime deal. Try and find that buyer.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.