Antique Furniture/CHIPPENDALE Low boy

Low boy
Low boy  

I've come across this low boy and I'm wondering about the authenticity of it. If not authentic, the age and ultimately the value. I have lots of pictures of it. In one of the pictures of underneath the drawers, you can see the remainder of a label. Thank you for you assistance, it is appreciated.

Hi Chris,

Your lowboy is in the New England style but my feeling is that it was built
later than the 18th century with old parts which is not uncommon.
I would have an antique dealer in your area examine it since photos are not
a good way to appraise your piece.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.