Antique Furniture/Horrocks roll top desk

Horrocks desk
Horrocks desk  

close up of Horrocks Desk
close up of Horrocks D  
I have a Pigeon Hole desk, factory number 34585; Trade Number C; Article C. The brass plate is found on the desk top center panel which folds up and back to bring a typewriter forward. Cast iron mechanism is in good working condition, but typewriter is missing.

It has very ornate, carved wood handles. We have had this in the family for at least 75 years...maybe more.  Sadly, the rolltop is missing, but otherwise it is in excellent condition.  Any chance of an original being found? What is the value in this condition.
Thank you so much for your help!

Hi Charlotte,

Sorry to hear that your desk is missing it's most important feature.
A good cabinetmaker should be able to source a roll top and cut i9t to fit.

Unfortunately the cost to do the work and finish the roll top could easily
exceed the value of the desk.

In it's present condition I place a value of $250-$350. for it.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.