Antique Furniture/Any info would be helpful

Chair 1 front
Chair 1 front  

Pat\'d July 1
Pat'd July 1  
I purchased this chair in Chicago in the mid-1980's and didn't see until, about 1994 that it was patented and dated.  
Can you give me any information on this and do you have an idea of it's worth.
I am moving across country, and want to make sure that it is insured.
I would really appreciate any information that you could give.

Thank you!

Generally I don't answer questions when somebody asks; tell me anything you can or something in that vein. It's a very vague question. But I decided to answer your question anyway because it's a nice chair. I see by your feedback you were unhappy with the information provided so pray tell me what I could've told you to make it different to better fulfill your request.
Thank you.

patent issued to J P Sinclair patent # 141295 Eldridge NY.

cant really see the wood clearly in the photos but it appears to be cherry or birch.

such excellent condition!

if i had this in my shop it would be priced at 450/500, my shop is not a fancy one.

insure at 1200$.

thanks for posting  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.