Antique Furniture/Kittinger Piece

Question
Hutch
Hutch  

Brass plate
Brass plate  
I picked up this piece at a secondhand furniture store, the only indentifier I found is the brass plate marked pattern no M 105 serial #1, Kittinger Buffalo. I have just tried to find information on this piece but have not found anything like it. The finish is in bad shape, I have all hardware all shelves, but was curios if it would do damage to have it refinished or if I should just polish it and leave it as is. Thank you for your advice.

Answer
Hi Jill,

For some reason I have received this question once again. As I mentioned in my previous
reply your breakfront is not a good example of furniture made by the Kittinger Furniture Company.

If it were my piece I would not spend any money in an attempt to refinish it since it
would cost more that the piece is worth. If this piece has personal value to you then by
all means go ahead.

I value the breakfront t at $50. - $100. not as an example of Kittinger furniture but as
a functional piece of furniture. Knowledgeable Customers looking for Kittinger furniture
would  not be attracted to this form.

Good Luck,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III