Antique Furniture/Kittinger Piece

QUESTION: I picked up this piece at a secondhand furniture store, the only indentifier I found is the brass plate marked pattern no M 105 serial #1, Kittinger Buffalo. I have just tried to find information on this piece but have not found anything like it. The finish is in bad shape, I have all hardware all shelves, but was curios if it would do damage to have it refinished or if I should just polish it and leave it as is. Thank you for your advice.

ANSWER: Hi Jill,

I was not able to reference the number you provide me with.

Refinishing a piece of Kittinger furniture is something I do not recommend
and should only be done by a highly qualified shop and even then they don't
get it right. The cost to refinish the piece would be more than its value,
I'm sure.

Without seeing your piece I am unable to provide you with a better answer.

Best Wishes,

George E.  Harrison III

Kittinger Hutch
Kittinger Hutch  

ID Plate
ID Plate  
QUESTION: I am attempting to attach the pictures again for your reference.

Thank you,

Hi Jill,

For some reason I have received this question once again. As I mentioned in my previous
reply your breakfront is not a good example of furniture made by the Kittinger Furniture Company.

If it were my piece I would not spend any money in an attempt to refinish it since it
would cost more that the piece is worth. If this piece has personal value to you then by
all means go ahead.

I value the breakfront t at $50. - $100. not as an example of Kittinger furniture but as
a functional piece of furniture. Knowledgeable Customers looking for Kittinger furniture
would  not be attracted to this form.

Good Luck,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.