Antique Furniture/La Barge Mirror

La Barge Mirror
La Barge Mirror  
Hello, my nane is Megan. I just moved into a nrw house and this was in my new bathroom. On the back it has a tag that says "Made in Italy for La Barge Mirror, no 1577." It is carved of wood, not some sort of synthetic. It measures 42" high and 21" wide. Would you be able to give me some sort of ball park as to how much it is worth and any information you may know about it? I was left with a number of antiques with this house and am gathering information on them for insurance purposes. I greatly appreciate your assistance with this. Thank you for your time."

Hi Megan,

My guess is that if you send a photo to the company La Barge they could give you the
information you might be looking for. In a second hand shop I place a value of
$350. to $450. on your mirror.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.