Antique Furniture/Maddox Colonial Reproductions Desk

maddox sticker
maddox sticker  
Hi! My mother has had this desk for several years and just gave it to my husband and I. I found an old sticker on the bottom that reads Maddox Tables Jamestown, NY, and a pattern number of 4790. In the top right hand drawer there is another sticker that is white with an ox on it that reads Maddox Colonial Reproductions. I was wondering how old this desk might be and if it's worth anything? Thanks for your help!

The desk would be from the 1940s.  the picture is not clear enough to see the wood grain so i cannot help there.

in the market it would sell for 350 if in good condition.

if you use the followup function and post a close clear picture or two of the wood grain i might be able to identify it for you.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.