Antique Furniture/Possible Kittinger chair?

Question
Plate
Plate  

Chair
Chair  
Hi there, I purchased two of these chairs off of Craigslist. The only way they were advertised was that they were "mid-century" chairs.

There is a Kittinger plate on the bottom of both chairs, but they aren't on a flat surface. It looks like the plate was tacked on then hammered down to fit the edge of the wood. From what I've read about Kittinger this doesn't seem like the quality craftsmanship that they are known for.

I have looked extensively on Google searches and Google Image searches for this chair and haven't found any Kittinger chair that looks like the 2 I have. It leads me to believe that these chairs may have had a Kittinger plate put on them by someone at some point in order to get more money for them, perhaps. The tacks/nails that hold the plate on are just as worn/rusted as the nails used on the upholstery, so perhaps it was reupholstered at some point and that's when the plates were put on. There's also a "Union Made" sticker on each chair.

If you can offer any insight on whether these are in fact Kittinger chairs that would be lovely. If they aren't, do you happen to know who the manufacturer could be, or what I could possibly search for in order to find out the manufacturer (like what kind of style the chair is (barrel?) or what the material may be, what period they are, if they are not mid-century, etc.)

Thank you for any and all help!

-Jessica

Answer
Hi Jessica,

After reviewing your photos I am not convinced that your chair was made by the Kittinger
Furniture Company.

I am not able to tell you what company made your chairs, but what I can tell you is there
are many pieces of furniture in the marketplace that have had Kittinger labels added.

It is always a good idea for buyers to purchase from reliable knowledgeable dealers.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III