Antique Furniture/Approximate value

Question
Maddox Secretary
Maddox Secretary  
I recently purchased a colonial home and am starting to shop for some reasonably-priced antiques but am not educated on the true values of the pieces I'm interested in.  Can you please give me some insight on the approximate value for one piece that I believe is a reproduction.  Its by Maddox and has a key.

Answer
Hi Susan,

The Maddox desk that you are inquiring about was a popular model and
many were made by the Maddox Furniture Company. The bulk of these
desks were sold in 1960's on.

It should be referred as a desk since it does not have a bookcase top
which would make it's reference as a secretary.

Since the quality of Maddox furniture is middle of the road
the value of this desk is in the range of $200. to $275.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III