Antique Furniture/Dining table and hutch

Question
Dining table
Dining table  

Hutch
Hutch  
I was passed down this set from my mother. Hoping to get an idea of when made and if worth anything?  The table is in fair condition with scratches here and there. The chairs are sturdy but seats need to be recovered, as leather has stretched and sinking. Hutch is in great condition. The items are made by Rockford Union Furniture Co.  I could only find a number on the hutch which is #128.  Thank you for your time.

Answer
this set was manufactured in teh 1920s.  Walnut veneers and sweet gum woods all stained to a walnut medium.

this is a better grade of this style than most.  you should use briwax in the walnut or brown color and wax the set.  it should only take about one hour per chair, two hours on the chain, two on the table and two on the sideboard.

In a retail setting the chairs as shown would sell at 75-100 each, table at 950, sideboard at 950 and china at 950.

how nice that you are now the custodian of your mothers dining set.

insurance replacement value is about 2.5 times retail.

Antique Furniture

robert klein