Antique Furniture/Drop Leaf Wood Table - Possible Antique

Wooden Table
Wooden Table  
Wooden Table Close
Wooden Table Close  
QUESTION: Hi Robert,

This drop leaf wood table was left street-side by a neighbor who realized she could not fit it into her new apartment. I know little about it, but started doing some research and think that it may be an antique. Do you know what type of wood this is, and approximately when it was built?

Thank you for the help,

ANSWER: use the followup function and post two more pictures with the table upside down.

Table upside down 1
Table upside down 1  

Table upside down 2
Table upside down 2  
QUESTION: Hi Robert,

Thank you for the follow-up. Here are two additional photos. Please let me know if you'd like to see anything else.

the wood in the top is pine, probably some gum and tulip poplar in the legs and aprons as well.

this style nad construction sells in shops at 350-400, waxed.

probably made in the 1900-1920 era.

country sheraton drop side or drop leaf, is how they are called these days

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.