Antique Furniture/Eagle chair

Eagle chair front view
Eagle chair front view  

Eagle chair side view
Eagle chair side view  
Could you please tell me the history as well as the value of this Eagle chair.

this is a 1890-1910 adaptation of a Savonarola chair,  made in the USA.

In a shop, assuming it is strong and the finish is good, it would sell for 750-950.

As to the history I am not sure what you are wanting.  It is a manufactured chair in mahogany veneer and figured birch woods.  These were made from about 1880-1920 in hundreds of factories.

You can google savonarola chair to see where the term and original style originated.  Some of these such as yours are less and some more elaborate.  yours would be a 7 of 10 on a scale.

I still remember the first one i purchased back in the late 1970s in Charlotte NC.  It was so bad I had to wrap it in a blanket so as not to loose any of the parts.  Got it to my shop in Pensacola, worked on it for days then sold it for about 350$.  Wish i had it back now.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.