Antique Furniture/Kittinger Buffet

Question
buffet
buffet  

name tag
name tag  
Hi, we are trying to find some more info about this kittinger buffet. It was part of a dinning room set but was seperated from the set. It has a metal kittinger tapped on the back side. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Hi Isaac,

What you have is a Kittinger piece from the 1920's. It is in the Jacobean style
and was very popular at that time. Then in the 1930's the Kittinger company
was requested to make Colonial Reproductions for the Colonial Williamsburg
Foundation, never returning to make the Walnut Jacobean pieces they once
produced. For the simple reason the style was considered to ornate and heavy
looking.

As for a value, I would say that pieces like this fall into a range of  $250.
to $300.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III