Antique Furniture/Kittinger Buffet

name tag
name tag  
Hi, we are trying to find some more info about this kittinger buffet. It was part of a dinning room set but was seperated from the set. It has a metal kittinger tapped on the back side. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Isaac,

What you have is a Kittinger piece from the 1920's. It is in the Jacobean style
and was very popular at that time. Then in the 1930's the Kittinger company
was requested to make Colonial Reproductions for the Colonial Williamsburg
Foundation, never returning to make the Walnut Jacobean pieces they once
produced. For the simple reason the style was considered to ornate and heavy

As for a value, I would say that pieces like this fall into a range of  $250.
to $300.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.