Antique Furniture/Old Chair

Front of chair
Front of chair  

Side of Chair
Side of Chair  
Hello, I was hoping you could give me some information about this chair, its style and origins. I believe it was purchased in either Philadelphia or  New York city in the 1960's or earlier. I got it from my father upon his death in 1994. Thanks!!! Jason

You have an oak Morris chair made around 1890-1900.  it is a good one.

Many companies made Morris chairs.  sometimes the hardware is a clue to which manufacturer and the is often a label on the chair somewhere.  The hardware looks like the company Gunlock.

with the cushions this would sell a auction around 450$, retail in a store double.

here is some info.

how fortunate you are to have your fathers chair.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.