Antique Furniture/Old Chair

Question
Front of chair
Front of chair  

Side of Chair
Side of Chair  
Hello, I was hoping you could give me some information about this chair, its style and origins. I believe it was purchased in either Philadelphia or  New York city in the 1960's or earlier. I got it from my father upon his death in 1994. Thanks!!! Jason

Answer
You have an oak Morris chair made around 1890-1900.  it is a good one.

Many companies made Morris chairs.  sometimes the hardware is a clue to which manufacturer and the is often a label on the chair somewhere.  The hardware looks like the company Gunlock.

with the cushions this would sell a auction around 450$, retail in a store double.

here is some info.

http://scarboroughmarshfurniture.com/public_html/antique%20morris%20chairs.html

how fortunate you are to have your fathers chair.

Antique Furniture

robert klein