Antique Furniture/Prohibition Era Liquor Cabinet

Overall Cabinet Picture
Overall Cabinet Pictur  

Cabinet Damage
Cabinet Damage  

If possible, I would greatly appreciate your expertise in appraising the attached, containing images of an alcohol prohibition period liquor cabinet which I am the third generation owner. Unfortunately we recently moved across country to Southern California and the cabinet was damaged at the bottom tearing off ~6 inch of molding, which was unfortunately lost, and breaking the lock. The carrier's insurance has offered to repair the cabinet or provide a pay out for the damage and loss of value. It'd be great if you could comment as the repair costs and loss of value. Finally, if you may have thoughts on how to best repair the cabinet I would greatly appreciate a recommendation. The cabinet is solid wood (unsure of type, with hidden side compartments and rough dimensions  are 30"x22"x51". Please let me know if you may need any further information or would like additional pictures as I was only able to successfully upload one.

Thank you very much for the help,
Seth White

tell me the town and I will recommend a repair person in the area if I know one.

you need to use someone locally that knows the local pricing structure.

let me know where you are.

if you are close to Huntington Beach use Bausman and Father.

I know him and his work and knowledge is at a high level.

in my area the repairs would be 450 and the retail value 850 and insurance replacement value at 1600.  no loss of value with proper repairs.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.