Antique Furniture/Is my sofa antique

Question
My Bernhardt sofa
My Bernhardt sofa  
Hello,
I bought this sofa from an old lady. it has a matching love seat. I wanted to find out if it is worth reupholstering this sofa. And also how old is this sofa? Is it antique? If I were to sell it how much should I expect?

Answer
Hi Shweta,

To answer your first question, I date the sofa to the 1960's, so therefore it is not
an antique.

Only if you decided to keep the sofa for your personal use would I spend the money
to reupholster it. The reason being, it's not a style that buyers gravitate towards.
Any knowledgeable person looking for a Louis 15th style sofa is going to want
a better form. I value the sofa at $200.-$275.

Good luck with it.

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III