Antique Furniture/Windsor Chair Information & Value

Question
Windsor Chair
Windsor Chair  

Windsor Chair
Windsor Chair  
Good morning Mr. Harrison,

We inherited this beautiful windsor rocker about 20 years ago, it's been in my family since the turn of the century. My great grandmother acquired it in Philadelphia, I don't know when. I know she brought it with her in 1908 when they moved to California.It has a white stenciled number on the bottom that is very faded, I don't know if that is of any help to you?

I would appreciate your insight on it's age and value as we are considering selling it and don't want to be taken advantage of.

Thank you for your help.

Tommy Hitchcock

Answer
Hi Tommy,

I am surprised that you say your grandmother had this Windsor rocker as far back as
1908, since it appears to be of a later vintage. It has a factory made machined
appearance about it especially when viewing the arms and the laminated seat.

Since rocking chairs are not as popular today as they once were, I place a value
of $35. to $50. for it. Keep in mind that today there are a number of  hand
made reproductions around offering better details.

Best Wishes,
George E. Harrison III/
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III