Antique Furniture/54" Round Hastings (Tyden Lock) Tiger Oak Table

54" Hastings Oak
54" Hastings Oak  

Hastings (Tyden Lock) Logo
Hastings (Tyden Lock)  
Hello Robert,

I would like to know the approximate year and value of this beautiful Hastings Company Table.  I unfortunately will have to sell it since I no longer have space for it.  The top's diameter is 54 inches and there are some scratches on the top only.  The ornately carved base is in perfect condition.  It came with one leaf, which is about 18 inches wide.  The Tyden Lock still works well.  I have seen other Hastings Company Tables of this size but usually with less ornate bases so my sense is that this base is rare.  I appreciate anything you can tell me about it.  

Many thanks and regards,

please send multiple pictures as attachments to one email to my email address.

show underneath top, top of top, leaf,
base separated, complete mechanism,
open and closed.

i need to determine if top is original to base and need to see grain of top and base clear and in focus.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.