Antique Furniture/Antique Desk

Question
desk
desk  

Detail
Detail  
Hello!

We have this antique wooden desk that my father bought from the Jamestown NY area in the early 80's. He was told it was made between the 30's and 50's. It is solid wood. It is 48"x24"31". I have been trying to find desks with similar markings and have not been able to. Is there any information you can share about this desk? What would you estimate the value to be at?

Thank you!!

Answer
Hi Jennifer,

To start off, since your mahogany desk is not 100 years old or older you should not
refer to it as an antique. Vintage would be a better definition. I would say
that the desk was made in the 1940's.

It was not a high quality desk when new, so therefore I would only place a
value of $100 to $150. on it.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III