Antique Furniture/Joerns Bros High Boy Dresser

Joerns Bros Furniture
Joerns Bros Furniture  

Joerns Bros Furniture
Joerns Bros Furniture  
Good morning Robert and thank you for taking the time to view my family furniture piece. It has a round Mfg label inside the 3rd Drawer saying: Joerns Bros Furniture Co., Stevens Point Wis 1889. A total of 5 Drawers, with the 2nd one having an offset divider inside, and the very bottom drawer having a wooden lift-up lid inside (smells of cedar). The most beautiful part to this dresser to me, is the protruding design between the 1st and 2nd drawer. Also the wood on the legs and along the bottom almost look like different colors of wood than the rest of piece. There are a few surface scratches, and one small loss of wood on the front of 1 drawer, otherwise in very nice condition. So my questions are these if known: year, type of wood/s, and approximate value. Of course any History is most welcome as well. Thank you so much!

this style was made in the 1910-1920s as the french styles were popular.  many of the beter manufacturers sent their designers to europe to get the 'lates' styles.

it is by a quality company whose history you can search online as there is too much to go into in this forum.

the faces are done in walnut veneer in a bookmatched pattern.

cant tell from the picture of the central design if it is painted or inlay.  the picture is out of focus but you should be able to tell looking closely.

this would sell in a shop at 650 once repaired.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.