Antique Furniture/picture of stamp

Question
stamp
stamp  
QUESTION: Thank you for the expert advice on what to use to correctly cover the damage on the Sligh kidney shaped leather topped desk.
Here is a picture of the stamp that is inside the drawer.

ANSWER: the desk looked to be in the 1940s but the label shown was used about 35 years ago.

on items well made like yours and in the design the age doesnt make the value change to any degree.

QUESTION: Thank you again for your time. In my first request I did ask about the date but I also asked for the value. This part of the request hasn't been answered yet. I mentioned that I was going to use old English for cover up and received a wonderful education on why not to and what was proper to use. I ask again for your expertise in putting a value to the piece. I don't want to devalue the piece at all. Will doing the touchup you suggested lessen the value? Thank you in advance!

Answer
value will be enhanced if touch up is done properly

desk would have a retail in store market value of 600-750.

cover the veneer loss by darkening the area with the wax, same with the scratch.
if you are not skilled patching veneer then leave it alone.

Antique Furniture

robert klein