Antique Furniture/Skandia furniture co. buffet

Question
buffet
buffet  
interested in your opinion of this peice, would it be worth a full restore or better As a shabby chic. The vaneer on the sides are peeling off and a dog has apperently chewed the bottom. I think the hardware also is not original and the sconce pieces are missing. The only markings are on the back as Skandia furniture co. Also the no.370 is tagged on it. Your opinion and the value Of this piece is greatly appreciated.      Rick Kinsella

Answer
Hi Rick,

Since Shabby Chic is not part of my vocabulary, how you go about restoring this
piece is your decision. Since the style of this piece is not something most  
buyers will gravitate towards I can appreciate your concern.

As the piece sits I feel that the value is currently at $75. to $125. How much
time and material you add to it will obviously increase its cost and what your
market area will support in terms of a selling price.

Tread gently,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III