Antique Furniture/Skandia furniture co. buffet

interested in your opinion of this peice, would it be worth a full restore or better As a shabby chic. The vaneer on the sides are peeling off and a dog has apperently chewed the bottom. I think the hardware also is not original and the sconce pieces are missing. The only markings are on the back as Skandia furniture co. Also the no.370 is tagged on it. Your opinion and the value Of this piece is greatly appreciated.      Rick Kinsella

Hi Rick,

Since Shabby Chic is not part of my vocabulary, how you go about restoring this
piece is your decision. Since the style of this piece is not something most  
buyers will gravitate towards I can appreciate your concern.

As the piece sits I feel that the value is currently at $75. to $125. How much
time and material you add to it will obviously increase its cost and what your
market area will support in terms of a selling price.

Tread gently,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.