Antique Furniture/Sligh leather topped kidney shaped desk

Question
sligh desk
sligh desk  

damage
damage  
I have what I believe to be a Sligh desk. The center drawer is stamped not a metal plate so that makes me wonder if it is real.
The veneer at the bottom is chipped in a few places and a few minor scratches that would cover with old English. Other than that the top and glass are in great condition. It also is closed in the back and has 2 shelves on the backside. I understand the condition is a major part of it's value and hope you can see everything well in the pictures. I found a stamp on the bottom of the upper left drawer dated Jan 16th 1953. I appreciate any info you can give me towards it's age and value in todays market. I had someone offer me $100.00 but I know it is worth more than that just from my brief research so far.

Answer
no old english please, it contains mineral oil and/or silicone oil.  both are non drying oils which attract things you do not want on your furniture.

buy dark Briwax and use that or buy johnsons floor paste wax and use artiste oil colors to color the wax.

if you will use the followup functions and post a picture of the label i will get close on the age.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein