Antique Furniture/Antique Server Cabinet

Question
Antique Server
Antique Server  
Antique Server
Antique Server  
QUESTION: HI Bob, I have purchased this buffet and I was wondering if you could give me your opinion about it, the era its from,  weather is it English or French made, and also how much its worth. It doesn't look like the normal depression era furniture to me. I have included a front pic and a back pic. Thank you so much for your help in advance! I really appreciate! Erika

ANSWER: i dont like using the term 'depression era'.  i think it is unfair to the furniture.  all through history there have been times of depression butmanufacturing continued with common to high grade items.

that being said, this piece appears to be American in manufacturer but the style is more of a modified jacobean.

would you please use the followup function and post a picture of the outside of the side of a drawer where the side meets the front.

thanks

QUESTION: HI Bob, I have purchased this buffet and I was wondering if you could give me your opinion about it, the era its from,  weather is it English or French made, and also how much its worth. It doesn't look like the normal depression era furniture to me. I have included a front pic and a back pic. Thank you so much for your help in advance! I really appreciate! Erika

ANSWER: did i send you an email on this?

Side of Drawer
Side of Drawer  

Inlaid part of drawer
Inlaid part of drawer  
QUESTION: Hi Bob,

Sorry for sending the question twice, all experts only sent me your answer from May 16th as of today and thought you didn't get it for some reason. Please find attached pics of the side of the drawer as you requested. Please let me know what do you think how much does it worth. I organist wanted to painted but if it is a unique piece I rather do not touch it. Thank you so much for you help.

Have a beautiful evening!

Erika

Answer
There is a lot of detailed work on the top, unfortunately some of it is missing.  might be a neat thing for you to learn how to repair.  all you need is time, some veneer, some hot hide glue, a steady hand and patience.

get some dark briwax and wax the piece then decide later about painting--ugh.

the side of the drawer told me it was manufactured around 1900/1910.

good item, unusual, high styled when made.

Antique Furniture

robert klein