Antique Furniture/Chairs

Question
Chair
Chair  

Chair
Chair  
Would appreciate informationn on 2 chairs I purchased at auction in the north east over 40 years ago.  I do not see any markings.  Possible age, furniture style, wood type, is it stained?  Value, one chair has split, other does not.  Thank you.

Answer
i cannot tell you the wood  due to the dark staining and distant photo.  usually these are oak stained dark to replicate the jacobean oak pieces.  these would be made around 1900 probably in the USA around Grand Rapids.

lets not call the wood split, lets refer to it as separated.  it looks like it shrunk and opened a straight seam, not uncommon.

in a shop these would price at 150-200 each.

Antique Furniture

robert klein