Antique Furniture/Imperial Grand Rapids table

Question
Bottom of table
Bottom of table  

table view
table view  
Hi Robert, I have an Imperial Grand Rapids table I am trying to identify. The table I am trying to identify is shaped somewhat like a kidney. The top of the table measures 20 ½ length by 12 ½ width, the top also has a two gold-ish color inlay prints on either side. There is a shelf underneath the top table, the height between the shelf and table is about 5 inches. The overall table height is 28 ½ inches tall. It has four legs and looks like it maybe mahogany. On the bottom of the table there is a green imperial triangle that says “Grand Rapids Mich” with a crown that looks like it is black and red. The bottom also says made in Grand Rapids with the number 2179 in a black stamp like mark and a wooden imprint 2. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Michelle

Answer
Imperial made a lot of high styled furniture, yours is a lamp table or end table.  cant tell the wood from the photo as it is too distant but most likely the top is mahgoany veneer and the rest sweet gum.

cleaned by waxing with a good furniture paste wax, NOT an oil, like Briwax, or johnsons floor paste wax.  neither have silicone and/or mineral oil in them whic is a non drying oil, not a good thing.

hope this is what you needed.  dates from the 1920s.  Sheraton style

Antique Furniture

robert klein