Antique Furniture/Joern's Furniture twin headboards

Question
Joerns headboard
Joerns headboard  

label on back of headboard
label on back of headb  
I bought 2 of these Joern's  Furniture headboards for $75 total. From looking on the Internet,  I think they probably originally had wood rails and footboards, too.

I'd like to know what year they were probably made and what wood it's made of. Also, they have quite a few nicks and scratches, what's the best way to fix them up a bit? Lastly,  just wondering about their value.

Thank you!

Answer
made between 1928 and 1940.

yes there would have been a footboard and side rails in wood.

to freshen them up buy antique mahogany color Briwax and follow directions.  to was it should take about 45 minutes.

i cannot tell if they are twin size or double size in the photo but they would be worth 75-100 each.

hope this helps  

Antique Furniture

robert klein