Antique Furniture/Joern's Furniture twin headboards

Joerns headboard
Joerns headboard  

label on back of headboard
label on back of headb  
I bought 2 of these Joern's  Furniture headboards for $75 total. From looking on the Internet,  I think they probably originally had wood rails and footboards, too.

I'd like to know what year they were probably made and what wood it's made of. Also, they have quite a few nicks and scratches, what's the best way to fix them up a bit? Lastly,  just wondering about their value.

Thank you!

made between 1928 and 1940.

yes there would have been a footboard and side rails in wood.

to freshen them up buy antique mahogany color Briwax and follow directions.  to was it should take about 45 minutes.

i cannot tell if they are twin size or double size in the photo but they would be worth 75-100 each.

hope this helps  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.