Antique Furniture/Louis Chair

Louis Chair 1
Louis Chair 1  

Louis Chair 2
Louis Chair 2  
Can you tell me what style this is, along with wood identification, age and any other information you can discern. What monetary value would you affix to it if you saw it in an antique store? Thanks a lot.

wood is walnut, manufactured around 1870-80.  style is victorian renaissance revival with an eastlake influence.  

In a shop it would price at 650 on average but would range, depending on the type of store from 400-800.  If it is tight and does not have an undue wobble.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.