Antique Furniture/Metal Bed

Question
Headboard Pic
Headboard Pic  

Button Rail
Button Rail  
I recently purchased an old metal / iron bed.  It came with a headboard, footboard and two metal button style rails.  The bed goes together well but it is very unstable.  If you move the bed at all it pretty much collapses.  I was wondering if you had any suggestions on what the problem might be.  I have been searching and searching and haven't been able to come up with anything.

Thanks you very much for your time and knowledge.

Answer
this is the wrong side rail.  the side rail for this bed should have a flange with two buttons to mate with the bracket on teh headboard.

take these pictures to a few welding shops and see who can and will build you the proper ends.  Then take the head foot and siderails to them.

Antique Furniture

robert klein