Antique Furniture/Rocker

Question
Rocker
Rocker  
Rocker
Rocker  
QUESTION: Questions:
Would like to know age, style.  Can you tell what wood type it might be.  Any value, put in corner with pillow to discourage seaters or let the grandkids knock themselves out?  In good condition, no loose spindles.
I purchased at auction on Staten Island NY over 40 years ago.  Cannot remember what I paid.
Thanks for any information you can provide.

Charles Virga

ANSWER: would you please use the follow up function and post a full view picture of the chair from the front,

thanks

Rocker
Rocker  

Rocker
Rocker  
QUESTION: Sorry, eyes getting old.

Answer
1900 rocker in the philadelphia/new york style which used the the carved dolphins.

wood is most likely birch stained dark like empire period mahogany with the original finish.
I would wax this rocker with Briwax in the antique mahogany color and let it be used by those that will not climb or abuse it but treat it like it deserves.

in a shop, waxed and cleaned and in tight condition it would price at 750 in my area, higher in metro centers.

also referred to as colonial revival.

great rocker, thanks.

Antique Furniture

robert klein