Antique Furniture/White Banded Dining Room Table

Representative Duncan Phyfe
Representative Duncan  

Dear Sir,

Thank you in advance for the opportunity to ask for your evaluation of this piece of furniture.  I have a few photos of the company's stenciling on the underside the table top, and a photo of a Duncan Phyfe it seems to have been based on.

It is a 2-pedastal (with bronze-like feet caps), drop-leaf mahogany dining table measuring ~57"L x 36"W with the leafs up.  The 2 attached center leaves measure 11.5" wide, and there are 2 additional leaves.  There are 2 bronze-like, suitcase-style latches under the table that lock the table into whatever it's current configuration is.  My parents had it when I was a child and I'm told it could seat 8 comfortably.

The top is in good condition and seems to be solid wood (as visible from underneath).  There is a simple edging band which is still intact, and I'm guessing that it was intentionally designed that way to provide a finished look to the top and not to hide a lamination.

I've found a fair amount of information on the White Furniture Co. itself.  Can you shed any light on the history and current value of this particular piece, assuming it's in good condition?

Once again, thank you.
Sincerely, Richard Tabit

Hi Richard,

Like most banded dinning room tables such as yours the tops were veneered. The brand White falls into the middle of the road of furniture makers and therefore a value will be in the range of $400. to $500.

Many tables like yours are coming to the market so buyers have a great selection to choose
from which governs pricing.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.