Antique Furniture/Antique Drum Table

Question
Drum Table
Drum Table  

Drum Table 2
Drum Table 2  
This drum table (32"dia 30"high) 4 compartments with wire front see thru doors was my mother-in-law's. Is it worth it to have it professionally refinished at a considerable cost? What would the value be as is? My husband started to sand it down. All original hardware. Thank you.

Answer
wood is cherry.  usually you strip down rather than sand down so you dont lose
the patina.  this is from the 50-70s so if finished properly it would sell around 250.

use a brown mahogany stain and spary a lacquer finish rubbing with 320 no fil paper between sanding sealer coats and after last coat o top coat lacquer. then seteel wool with #0000 and wax it.  if you cannot spray use shellac for your coats and follow same rubbing schedule.

Antique Furniture

robert klein